General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act, 2018 (DPA) consider certain data as ‘personal data’ which includes information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We use your personal data also known as personally identifiable information such as name, age, gender, email id, address, etc. for the purposes of providing you with our services. We respect your privacy and recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of your personal data.
Use of your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for creation of an account on our website;
- for improving our website by receiving feedback from you regularly;
- for improving our services to you;
- for keeping you informed of any new services on our website or any updating of our existing services;
- for direct marketing through emails in compliance with the provisions of GDPR and DPA.
By using our website you consent to or indicate no objection to our direct marketing activities through emails. However, at the end of every email we will provide you with unsubscribe instructions. In the event you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future periodic emails from us, you may opt to unsubscribe by following the instructions. We will stop sending you promotional / marketing emails once you unsubscribe. In case of any questions regarding our direct marketing activities, you may email us at Info@afrosim.com.
We may share your personal data with service providers who assist us in our business activities. These service providers will be permitted to obtain only the information they require to provide the service, they will be required to maintain the information confidentially and will be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Sensitive Personal Data
We will not ask you for any sensitive personal data such as your social security numbers, political opinions, religion, health, etc. Please do not send us any of your sensitive personal data. If you disclose to us any sensitive personal data, it is assumed that you consent to processing of such sensitive personal data by us as per the applicable laws.
Protection and Storage of your Personal Data
- All data uploaded by you will automatically be saved in our database. The payment information provided by you such as bank account details, credit card or debit card information, etc. shall be transmitted through a secure technology and encrypted into the database of payment gateway provider. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of payments. We will not store your payment information upon completion of transaction.
- Our database shall be secure and protected by a password. Unauthorised individuals / entities / agencies will not have access to the database and to the data stored.
- In addition to storage of your personal data, we store the time you visit our website, IP address and the time and date of every page accessed for security reasons.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with your accurate and complete personal information. You may update your personal data with us from time to time by emailing us at Info@afrosim.com We will respond to your email within 3 days of receipt.
- You must be at least 18 years of age in order to use our website on your own. Persons above 13 and below 18 must obtain consent from parent or guardian to access our website. We will not intentionally collect personal information from users under 13 years of age. If it comes to our notice that we have collected any personal information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our database.
- You shall not provide unauthorised access to any individual / entity / agency to your account held with us.
- Except for collection of your personal data through our website and for the purpose of providing you access to our website, we do not ask for any of your information through any other means. Please inform us immediately in case you receive any unauthorized or spam email or communication in our name asking for your personal information / data. We will provide the required clarification in such cases. However, if you respond to such unauthorized emails without informing us, you shall be solely liable for the consequences thereafter.
When you visit our website, certain information in the form of cookies is stored on your device. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your system. You may disable cookies by opting for the appropriate settings on your device. We may use different types of cookies to make your use of our website easy and handy:
- Temporary cookies or session cookies that stay on the hard drive until you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies which stay on your device until you delete them.
- Necessary cookies are those cookies without which we cannot provide you our services. Through these cookies you will be able to access all the features of our website.
- Functionality cookies help you to remember your choices while using our website. The choices include language preferences, your login details, etc. These cookies help you to avoid re-entering your preferences every time you use our website.
- Performance Cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website. These cookies do not collect information on individuals, but, rather gather broad demographic information or statistical information in respect of the activities on our website.
In addition to cookies, we may use pixel tags to track the actions of users on our website. Pixel tags are embedded invisibly on web pages. Pixel tags compile statistics about usage of our services on our website and help us in our business activities. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to your personal data.
We use communication tools of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and their cookies would also apply to your use of our website. These communication tools monitor your usage data for the purpose of analysis and marketing. Please refer to the privacy policies of these communication tools in order to obtain information on the data collection and processing and use of the data by them and your options to protect your privacy.
- You have a right to ask us in writing about your personal data held or stored by us. You may ask us to rectify any information of yours stored with us, with supporting evidence. After termination of your account held with us, you may ask us for erasing your personal data permanently. We would not process your personal data against your wishes. If you do not want your personal data to be processed for direct marketing or any other purpose, you may inform us about it. You have a right to ask for portability of your data and also have a right to not subject you to automated decision making through third party websites, unless you expressly consent to it. We will reply to your request as above within 3 working days.
- You have a right under the GDPR and DPA to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal data. You may write to us at Info@afrosim.com for placing such a request with us.
Disclosures for fulfilling Legal Obligations
We shall not disclose any personal data or any information obtained from you except for when it is a legal obligation on our part to disclose such information to any public authority or a court of law on receipt of a notice from a public authority or a court of law requiring such disclosure by us in respect of any matter in which you are a party or are involved directly or indirectly in the said matter. In such instances we will inform you of such receipt of notice and the legal obligation to make the required disclosure.
Third Party Advertisements and Links to Other Sites
Data Protection Officer
The contact detail of our Data Protection Officer is as follows:
We will abide by the Data Protection Act, 2018, General Data Protection Regulation and any subsequent enactments or amendments in order to protect and keep your personal data confidential.